Charma, FKA WorkPatterns, is an HR tool that helps managers create and lead aligned, accountable teams. We had the fabulous opportunity to work with this easy-to-use tool to track one-on-ones and performance metrics after their big change in branding and name had made things a little bit challenging.
When we first met with Adam Berke, their CEO, we realized we needed to get to work, FAST. The branding and name change was unfortunately, hurting the performance of a great product.
Adam and his team needed an agency that could understand and fix what was going on with their declining Sign-Up numbers. We took over performance marketing execution while auditing and fixing all their Sales and Marketing systems, so that we could have unified, trusted reporting.
We stepped in as their growth partner and helped them accomplish their business objectives by solving these challenges:
We're proud to have contributed to their success by fully immersing ourselves as strategic growth partners. The Predictive Index bought Charma at the end of 2023.
Facebook, aka Meta, was the primary driver of performance on the Paid Social side. When we took over the accounts, Charma struggled to get Facebook up & running the re-brand. We hypothesized that during the re-brand & domain migration, some of the Meta Ads technical setup was broken. We dug into the Conversions API setup, Segment Integration, Server Side Events & Browser Events. We eventually rebuilt the tracking with Meta via Segment & Conversions API to get better data resolution, especially with privacy & cookie blockers - browser side events were ineffective.
On Meta, the key activities that helped us:
Key Results on Meta:
Reduced CPA by 68%
Increased Activations & Signups by 40%
While profitability increases spending to fuel growth.
Before engaging with 42 - Charma had limited success with Paid Search as a channel for driving signups & acquisition. 42 took a first principles approach to rebooting Paid Search:
1) Integrated Segment with Google Ads to send key product events to the ad platform as primary & secondary conversion events.
2) Keyword & Topic deep dive on relevant high-volume keywords that could show commercial intent.
3) Built Webflow landing pages that were direct response focused.
4) Optimized Campaign Structured with Device Bidding & Dayparting to reduce wasted spend.
5) Testing eCPC, Target CPA, Max CPA & Max Impressions bidding
6) Highly engaging Ad Copy relevant to Charma & search intent resulting in higher CTR & relevance scores.
Charma was acquired by Predictive Index in the winter of 2023.